Re: [Roadsters] source for replacement wiring harnesses

To: "'Datsun Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] source for replacement wiring harnesses
From: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:26:07 -0700
You get an EZ harness for $165.00 plus shipping and taxes if applicable.

You will not want to re-use the pins and probably connectors and there are
different ones throughout the harness. You got to figure at least another
$100.00 for them. BTW, it is not just those white nylon and pin connectors.
You also have the male/female blade, bullet/barrel, and multiple
bullet/barrel. Then there are the flexible insulated shells that are over
these connectors. I thought I saw some loop. It's been a while since I had
one opened up. Hopefully that will include the crimping tools and wrapping
tape. Those little pins on our cars have a double roll inward crimp. More
shipping and taxes as applicable.

Did you get any heat shrink while you were thinking about it? What colors
and sizes? Cost?

You are close to if not over the $300.00 mark and that does not include the
oh by the way crap and oh F**k I can't believe I did that crap.

We won't count time because we all we use our own time to save a buck. Then
again, how much is your time worth and how long to get to look the way you
want it to?

EZ and Painless they are not.

You do not get schematics with EZ and Painless. If you want one of those you
have to sit with a meter, open the back of the fuse box and start taking
measurements and matching to the wiring guide you get with the book. Then
you have to draw the fuse box schematic from the measurements and book. Once
that is done you get to make the connections to the car and draw the circuit
into the schematic. This only applies if you want a schematic. If you never
ever think you will have to troubleshoot your car electrically and won't
need the help of the visual schematic, don't make one. Also don't think
anyone on the list will know your one off wiring job.

Think of EZ and Painless as an upgrade and it will be easier to swallow once
you're knee deep in it.

Add it up before you try and save a buck.

It does not get any easier than a stock harness!