Re: [Roadsters] U20 stock fuel pump block off

To: MH <twobeaners@earthlink.net>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] U20 stock fuel pump block off
From: Tom PRATHER <tomet9@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 14:10:12 -0800 (PST)
Mike,

    The Micro electric fuel pump is by Mr Gasket Low pressure model 42S
2--3.5 psi. It's a cheapy I know about $25.00 and change. That's why I'm
thinking of buying a spare (made in China). My MC carbs require very low
pressure and thus perfect for my needs without a fuel regulator. There is
another one that is rated from about 3psi to about 7,8psi. They look
identical. My cheapy gauge even shows a steady flow and no pulsing. As for the
blanking plate, it should work on the 1600 as well. Mounting surface looks to
be the same on both the R16/U20. Do a search on Micro electric fuelpumps and
these Mr Gaskets are every where. As for reliability, like I said it's made in
China. I got it from  WWW.partzfinder.com. At the time they were having a
sale.
   To wire this up just run the +12 to ign wire thru a fuse block (I used a
7.5amp fuse) and ground - the earth. The car starts easier since you will be
activating the fuel pump just prior to engine start.