fot

Re: VTR National Convention

To: Andrew Mace <amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV>
Subject: Re: VTR National Convention
From: emanteno@ix.netcom.com
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 15:43:54 -0600
Andrew Mace wrote:

> 2. Echoing Hardy's paraphrased sentiments, and remembering my own past
> experiences at VTR National meets, I can say that I along with many others
> went stark-raving bonkers in 1985 when the TRS made an appearance at the
> ISOA VTR National.

Even though there was no concours event for race cars at VTR 92, the
sheer number of TR racers (I think there were more than 10) made it one
of the best for me, and I've been to 22 in a row. In addition to the
autocross, there was a day of Solo I.

> That feeling kinda makes one forget about 60+ TR6s in a row, etc. :-)

I'll let you slide on this one, Andy. This time only. ;-)

> I think it's far more difficult to ignore the
> importance of competition in the history of a marque such as Triumph. When
> you see a preserved race car such as one of the TRS cars, or Hardy's
> current TR3, or a scruffy parking lot warrior such as the Hardly Boys
> RaceSpit 4, it brings things back into focus, at least for me. And it's
> even better when you can meet and chat with an owner or driver, as I've
> felt fortunate in having done over the years with folks like Ken
> Richardson, Mike Rothschild and Bob Tullius -- and folks like everyone on
> this list.

Exactly.

Irv