fot

1998 Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction (Scottsdale)

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: 1998 Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction (Scottsdale)
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 10:37:38 EST
My God!

Maybe we are finally achieving acceptability!

Last month a 1967 Triumph TR4A, in Class III condition, was sold at the
Barrett-Jackson Classic Car Auction for $16,500.00.  As they said when Lady
Godiva rode side-saddle through the streets of Coventry, "HOORAY FOR OUR
SIDE!"

Class III is Fair (Average to Tacky), after Class I Show, Class II Very Good,
Class IV Fair to Poor, and Class V Basket Case.  A 1960 MGA (Class III) was
$13,250; a 1961 Alfa Spyder (Class III) was $10,600).

Who'd thought?

Bill Dentinger