fot

List Notes

To: "'Bradakis Mark'" <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: List Notes
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 09:59:12 -0600
Mark,

I just checked my coffee cup. You're right...there are no rats in my
coffee.

Great analogy!

Thanks again for the postcard.

See you this summer.

Joe

*********

Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 01:18:19 -0700 (MST)
From: Mark Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>

As you may recall, a while back I asked subscribers to some of the lists
I manage to send in monetary tokens of their appreciation.  The response
was nice, though still far short of the required funds for the 20,000
square
foot shop, state of the art tools and 1.5 mile personal road race
course.
So it goes.  I'll try to get caught up with the thank you notes this
weekend.

A slight surprise was had in the comments from a few folks who had no
idea
who I am or what I do.  On the one hand, this is the way it should be.
You
sign up, you get your email, end of story.  One analogy that may be
appropriate
is water.  You wake up, shower, shave, make your coffee, whatever.  You
turn
on the tap, water comes out, no big deal.  No need to think about where
it
comes from, what goes into providing that service for you.  While
standing
there with one eye half open watching Mr. Coffee do his thing, you don't
concern yourself with the guy down at the local water plant running
around
twisting valves, mopping up the leaks and fishing the dead rats out of
the
flow.  Those of you on the outskirts of town with your own wells can
relate!

So for those of you not quite aware of how this all works, I'm the guy
that keeps the dead rats out of your coffee.

You're welcome.

mjb.