fot

RE: New Additions to FOT

To: "'Alexander Joseph H'" <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>,
Subject: RE: New Additions to FOT
From: SOLOW GREG <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 02:28:26 -0800
Hi Amici!  Its a privilege to be a part of the list.  I have a 58 TR-3 =
street car with  a 3/4 race engine,=20
and a slightly modified suspension.  I  race a 64 Morgan +4 that I owned =
since new.  In the 60's
I used to go to the races with Lew Spencer and his crew and got to know =
Kas, and some of the=20
people who worked with him.   I have owned my own shop in Santa Cruz, =
Ca. since 1971.  In 71, 72, and 73 we prepared a 63 Lotus Super 7 for =
SCCA racing in the Northern Pacific Div.  the car was=20
driven by Dick Dapont.  We were SF regional champion all 3 years.  That =
car was sold to Bill Hartman in 1974 and is still being raced by him in =
both SCCA and some vintage events.=20
    In building TR-4 race engines, we have found that some of the parts =
available today just aren't=20
up to the job.  So where that has been so, we have parts made. =
Competition Rocker Shafts, hard chromed timing chain tensioners,  =
''blueprinted" rear main oil seals, oil pickups, stainless flowbench =
designed valves, forged pistons, aluminum flywheels, and so forth.=20
   I took a 7 year hiatus from racing myself, until last year, and this =
year ran 11 events!  Some lap=20
times are:  Sears Point; 1:59,  Buttonwillow long course; 2:15,  Laguna =
Seca; 1:54,  Thunderhill;
 long course; 2:16.  These times are on Yokohamas, which we can run at =
last in N. Ca. ( except=20
in HMSA Events).=20
       I also own a 64 Sunbeam Alpine, a 74 Austin Marina, a 64 Hillman =
Super Minx "Estate", a 57 300 SL Roadster, and  a 64 3.8 E Type FHC.=20
       I hope I can make a positive contribution to the list.
                                                      Regards, Greg =
Solow       =20

             =20