fot

Re: New addition

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New addition
From: "R. John Lye" <rjl6n@server1.mail.virginia.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:55:31 -0500
My apologies to anyone that I may have offended - in my
earlier post, I should have said something more like
"this is a list for "triumph racers" not *only* "triumph
vintage racers""  What a difference in meaning one word
can make!  I do not believe and did not intend to imply
that vintage racers are not racers - heck, there are lots
of road racers who don't believe that what I do (autocross)
is even racing at all, but it sure feels like it to me
(and to my checkbook, as well).  I just wanted to make it
clear that us non-vintage types are still welcome on the
FOT list; we're all Triumphisti after all.  Again, I hope this
is clear, and my apologies to anyone that may have misunderstood
my intent.

John Lye

'59 TR-3A, '62 TR-4, '70 GT-6+
email: rjl6n@virginia.edu