fot

RE: figure 8 gaskets

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: figure 8 gaskets
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 11:11:21 -0400
> I'm not sure how much a hard piece of copper will compress down to when it
> is squeezed by the liner.  I would guess that it may not... I would guess
> the liner sidewalls would buckle first..

Amici,

Now wait a second.  Why are we so concerned about the copper at the bottom
of the liner, when we have copper at the top of the liner too?

Yes, there is more thickness to compress, if it compresses much at all, but
shouldn't the re-torque take care of it?

Obviously Stainless could eliminate this concern at all, but I fail to see
why the concern exists.

Jack (a little out of my league here, but wondering) Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando
Hillsdale, NJ