fot

Re: Rev Limiter

To: WEmery7451@aol.com, mjb@cs.utah.edu, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rev Limiter
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 13:23:40 -0400
At 12:45 PM 8/16/00 EDT, WEmery7451@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 8/16/00 9:25:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time, mjb@cs.utah.edu
>writes:
>
><< I'd suggest a Crane HI-6 ignition module, like the one I have in Killer.
> About $160 from Summit >>
>
>I assume that this rev limiter is also a good choice for the four cylinder
>tractor engines with an early capacitive discharge ignition system (using
>ignition points as the trigger).  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hi Bill... I have Crane HI-6s in two TR4s and they seem to work just fine.
One is triggered by the stock points and the other uses a Datsun electronic
distributor.  There's instructions to wire it up either way.  The rev
limiter is adjustable in 100 rev increments as I recall.   I was told by a
famous engine builder that the Crane "sucks", but so far mine are doing OK.
 YMMV.  I would make sure to mount it inside the car so it doesn't get wet.
 In the TR4, they install nicely on the left kick panel just below the
dash.  BTW, I got mine from Summit as well... they had the lowest price at
the time.

Regards,
Don