fot

Delivery news!

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Delivery news!
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 21:36:45 -0500
Hi all!

Just wanted to share some news with you -- Brad Kahler and I have
become the proud parents of a bouncing 1967 TR4A IRS (okay, maybe
adopted is a better word, since the car IS 33 years old...).

This car is pretty interesting -- I found it on eBay when I looked

at a TR6 auction and saw it in the background, hit "View seller's
other auctions," and it came up -- it was sold to the car dealer
by none other than Freddy Fender, star of 60's and 70's country
fame!  We won the (very reasonable) bid this evening, and will
have it delivered from wa-a-a-a-y south Texas, hopefully in the
next week or so!  Inevitably, his name is now Freddy (and he has
fenders, ha ha!).

It is in pretty good condition -- runs and drives but needs
cosmetic work and the typical stuff a TR needs when it sits up
for a while.

We are excited!  We'll probably get Freddy Fender's signature (in
vinyl) on the boot or bonnet when we get it painted, just for
grins and giggles.

Just wanted to share the news -- no, it won't be a race car, but
it was a neat find.

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)