fot

Re: Suggestion About Protocol on the FOT List...Website activity

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suggestion About Protocol on the FOT List...Website activity
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:14:13 -0600 (MDT)
Ha!  If you think off topic stuff could get out of hand, subscribe to
autox@autox.team.net.  There's some things I need to look into on that
list, so I've been told.

One thing that we could do is split up the FOT list, but often the end
result is MORE mail, not less.  During the hour or two per day I wade through
error messages, I see lots of mail addressed to triumphs AND spitfire AND
other somewhat related lists, or healeys AND spridgets AND british-cars.
Some folks just don't understand why busy lists are split up.

If the quantity of messages is a bit much for some folks, you could try the
digest mode.  Basically each FOT message is stashed away, and when the stash
reaches a certain age or size, all the messages are bundled up and shipped
off as one large message.  IF you want to give it a try, send a message to
majordomo@autox.team.net with nothing in the body of the message but

  subscribe fot-digest

It is a closed list, so your request will have to wait until such time as I
do the wading through I mentioned above.

mjb.