fot

Re: (no subject)

To: SpiwakD@aol.com
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 14:11:48 -0500
SpiwakD@aol.com wrote:

> Amici
>
>         A local TR3 racer is planning to reinforce his front hubs by welding
> some metal into the depression between the flanges (perhaps two crescents of
> rebar). I suggested he wait until I sought the advice of the FOT seers. I did
> mention to him the tip about through-bolting the flanges together, but he
> thought the extra holes on the rotor side would weaken the flange. I welcome
> any comments on this project. How many front hub breaks have there been?
> Where do they break?
>
>                                                            Dave

I don't know of any front hub breakages but there may be some of which I am
unaware. None at any races I've been to in the last five years.

If he does any welding, it must be done by someone who is totally competent at
welding cast iron -- not the thing you normally do. I wouldn't touch a
modification like that in a part where a failure wwould put me on my head.

--

TR6 -- 29 and still running
TR4 -- 39 and being rebuilt