fot

Re: Brake Master Cylinders

To: Richard Taylor <n196x@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Master Cylinders
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 11:18:49 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Richard Taylor wrote:

> FOTers,
> After fooling around with homemade bias-bars for several months, I caved in
> and installed a TR-6 vacuum-boosted dual master cylinder setup on my TR-4.
> It now takes relatively little effort to smoke the old Hoosiers.
> Richard Taylor

Hi All.

Actually, I've been running the stock TR6 vacuum-boost M/C setup on my
TR6. I hear you on the "it takes little effort to smoke the tires". But
that begs the question - if you can boil your sneakers, maybe you're
getting too much braking. Or put another way, there's a fine line between
on and off as far as braking with this setup.

I'm thinking of changing that setup to the dual Tilton setup sometime
later (not this year, for sure), but I would like to know what others are
doing in this regard.

I think I see more lockup when the vaccuum goes really high, so one
possibiliy might be to regulate the vaccuum boost somehow. The problem is
that it's not very consistant, or at least it doesn't appear to be.

Does anyone ave any thoughts to this regard?

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |