fot

Re: Tilton's etc.

To: "Henry Frye" <thefryes@iconn.net>, <SpiwakD@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tilton's etc.
From: "Brett Johnson" <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 20:02:54 -0500
> At 05:54 PM 12/1/00 -0500, SpiwakD@aol.com wrote:

 >  The white TR3 at Mid Ohio two years ago was owned by Richard Naze  from
Illinois.

Actually, it is Dick Naze from Muncie, IN and the car is the ex-Dan Hughey
TR2/3A.  I've known Dick for twenty some years and we paddock together.  It
was my example he followed entering the vintage racing scene.  He has also
unfortunately emulated my first two seasons of back to back mechanical
failures, though he has run far fewer laps than I did.  His first engine
failure was at IRP in 1997, when I had suspension failure on my Lotus and
set my other car on fire.  I don't think the car has completed a single
practice session since then.

> He had the Tilton setup. No one could tell how well it worked because he
has blown an engine at every event.

Yes, this year he lost a rod bearing at IRP at a test session in
September -- second lap -- in his first track appearance this year.
Fortunately, he didn't have to tow several hours and pay an entry fee.  He's
supposed to be getting the engine back in later this month and will do some
double secret testing on the country roads surrounding suburban Muncie and
hopes to take it to the VDCA race at VIR in April.

> Worse luck than Henry Frye.

Agreed.

Brett Johnson