fot

Re: Tilton's etc.

To: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Subject: Re: Tilton's etc.
From: bob bownes <bownes@web9.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 20:51:24 -0500
I built a dual tilton setup for my Spit. It was AWESOME. It used the stock spit
pedal assy, but required welding a new end on the brake lever (a sleeve to run
the balance bar through).

A few of the folks here on the list tried it on an autox or two, and I think
will attest to a very solid brake pedal. I drove it on the track a few times and
it was incredible. Gave me an extra 20 feet at least into the braking zone in
turn 1 @ Lime Rock.

I still have the template for the brake cylinder mounting plate that I'm more
than willing to share. I built the mount up out of 3/16" aluminium plate. It
bolted down right where the old masters went. Should be about the same for most
of the other TR's, large or small.

Bob