fot

Re: Borg & Beck-Education to the List

To: tedtsimx@q1.net
Subject: Re: Borg & Beck-Education to the List
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:14:34 EST
Thanks Ted,

I think I have encountered an exception to the reman quality, although the
experience is limited.

ClutchMasters might be an exception. They are well known on the West Coast
and actually have a store here in the Waterloo, Iowa area. I have used them
with great success.

There are some real back alley reman centers, perhaps, giving the good guys a
bad name.

Thanks again....a good caveat on Triumph products. I also got another private
note telling to look for "flat" fingers on the Borg & Beck vs. curved ones.
The "flat" ones being the good ones.

Joe

<< joe and group, there has always been a problem with using remanufactured
 clutches.  when we ran our service business, sometines customers would
insist on
 the rebuilt clutch.  after they paid to have it removed because it would
drag or
 something, the cost was nver a factor.  borg and beck are good units. just
don't
 use rebuilt.  you also ahve to watch what comes out of package. since many
of the
 european clutch mg\fg's merged into Luk, you could get a qh disc with a
laycock
 plate.  ted