fot

Re: AutoX Planning CY 2001

To: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: AutoX Planning CY 2001
From: Susan Hensley <racespit@netzero.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:34:41 -0600
Hi!

We have hosted the National Tour here (Dallas/Ft. Worth)... the last two years
being at the new Texas Motor Speedway in the west parking lot -- a great venue
with
a course almost a mile long this year!  I don't see why we wouldn't have it here
again in 2001.  RV/trailer camping is fine in the paddock, tent camping a little
ways out, and there are showers (warm this year! ;) and other amenities
available,
plus we get to listen to Nascars doing roundy-rounds inside the track all day in
their school.  Plus pace laps on the track for whoever wanted to pay the $20!  I
got to do 6 laps of the track in Tristan at 90+ mph, and he was much better
geared
for that than the autocrossing... (I had forgotten to swap the roadrace diff for
the autocross gears before the Tour...)  The event dinner is hosted in one of
the
Nascar garages Saturday.

It's a great event at a great site, so if you autocrossers can make it you
should!
The courses have been designed by the real Roger Johnson in the past and
probably
will be so again, so it'll be a blast!

Keep Triumphing,
Susan   :)