fot

Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99

To: Smockracer@aol.com
Subject: Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 12:47:16 EST
Paul,

You are right. The races were disappointingly short for the first MG/Triumph
Challenge. Especially compared to what you are used to on the west coast.

The next year (2000) SVRA tried to rectify this...I am not sure about the
length of the sessions, but an extra day was added in and there were more
sessions for everyone, plus the extra race for the Triumphs.

We will try to address this further in 2002, when we have the 50th
Anniversary All Triumph Race in 2002. This event was an enormous success in
1992...still talked about...and should not be missed.

Joe Alexander

PS: Some of us need to plan a tow to the West or NW...seems only fair.  :-)

<< I live in Long Beach CA. which is 2400 miles to Mid-Ohio, a long tow. Is
 there a track  in the middle, say 1500 miles from each coast? In  VARA we
 have more than 20 Triumphs that run with us. I would vote for all Triumphs
 runnings just have different classes. Mordy and and I went to Mid-Ohio in
 1998 and had 11 minute races, that is too much travel for 11 minutes of
 racing.