fot

Re: Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Mid-Ohio-Race length for MG/TR Challenge in '99
From: JFrymark@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:19:05 EST
I am one of the So Cal E-Ticket vintage TRs that Bill B. suggested would turn
out for an event. I'd like to be part of an all-Triumph event so here are my
.2 nuevo pesos worth:
1. Bring anything and run race groups that are fairly matched, fun, and
moderately sane.
2. Get as many road-racers, autoxrs, and show cars as we can to spread the
cost.
3. Get sponsorship from anybodies we can.
4. Shoot for 2003, but in the interim build momentum by focusing on a race
each of the next 2 years to show what we can deliver a sponsor. i.e.,
Pre-historics this year for West Coast (an East Coast venue, too?), and TR/MG
Challenge for 2002 (which I hope to make).
5. Find a location that is a compromise for all. (Dallas sounds reasonable
unless we can use a SAC base in Nebraska and get them to airlift our cars
in). Seriously, an auto transport sponsor could be useful.
6. Put out feelers to the racing clubs that could assist in this. Even get a
locality interested in starting an annual TR or Brit car pilgrimage Look what
happened to Harleys with (brain freeze),South Dakota. Is there a US "twin
city" to Coventry (other than Detroit where I once lived so back off!)? There
was a town in New Mexico that was going to roll out the carpet for VARA this
year until they lost interest or something equally disturbing happened.
7. The Fun Quotient has to offset the effort to get there to ever have a
"second annual".

John Frymark
VARA EP #67