fot

Re: High Speed fuel starvation

To: <Malaboge@aol.com>, <rgk@flash.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High Speed fuel starvation
From: "R. Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 10:36:37 -0700
The carb vibration is so bad at the resonate engine rev that you can hardly
hold your hands on them.  I've tried several times on the dyno and it's
amazing that the car even runs with that much vibration. Soft mounts make a
world of difference. Hanging on with both hands to the carb bells at 5200
revs on the dyno the carbs felt like that machine they have at the
carnivals, "happy feet".  Even hanging on and tightening my grip to dampen
the vibration wouldn't even make a slight bit of difference.  I made a float
bowl with a window in it and the gasoline was just almost a misty foam.
Kas Kastner