fot

Re: High Speed fuel starvation

To: "Malaboge" <Malaboge@aol.com>, "rgk" <rgk@flash.net>,
Subject: Re: High Speed fuel starvation
From: "baxter culver" <baxterculver@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:38:10 -0700
Well, I am somewhat confused.   I learned that soft mounts were only of value
at low rpm.   In a racing application, the higher revs cancelled out the value
since the jet, variable venturi, etc were operating at a larger opening and
the fuel was moving thru the system much faster. It was kinda like not
spending a lot of time on the low speed jets.  Once launched, the carb never
operated in that range again until finis or backing off the tow vehicle.  I
know of those who bolt up solid their Weber DCOE's--a carb notorious for low
speed frothing without soft mounts.   What is the new theory?   Have anything
to do with state-of-art fuel compounds (y'a know, the fuels that eat rubber
fittings)?