fot

Hoosier Vintage TD, welded rear vs Quaiffe

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hoosier Vintage TD, welded rear vs Quaiffe
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:33:30 -0500
Amici,
With 60 series race tires NLA available for my TR4, I've pretty much decided
to go to 5.50 - 15 Vintage TD's instead of shaved street tires. I have a
Southwick conversion axle to put under my car, but I am grappling with
whether I should buy a quaiffe for it or continue with a welded rear. Are
there any other options? I am happy with the race track results of the
welded rear with my sticky 008R's, but I don't know what to expect with with
the Vintage TD's. Any opinions?

Also, the vintage TD's are 1/2" taller than the 195-60-15's. Is there a
rev/speed calculator available on the internet that allows you to plug in
data? I race 4 times a year at TWS, and the car is set up perfectly with 3.7
ratio now, and I'm wondering if the tire change is enough to justify 4.10
gears.
TIA,

Bob Kramer
TR6, TR4A, TR4, 2.5PI