fot

Drag racing

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Drag racing
From: "P Richardson" <paul-richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 08:58:35 +0100
Reading that note about Don Garlits reminded me of the time a guy offered me a
go in one of those sling shot dragsters. I told him there was more chance of
Lord Nelson getting his eye back than me even sitting in one. I once saw an
engine blow on one of those top fuellers just as the driver shut off after the
run. The explosion left a hole in the ground and 'shrapnel' shot everywhere.
Some of those nitro fuel mixes could cause enormous explosions - especially if
pistons fail and oil/oil mist mixes with the oxygen rich combustion process.

Best wishes

Paul