fot

Re: TR 4 NEGATIVE CAMBER

To: "Ronald R Gates" <Ronald.R.Gates@usa.dupont.com>
Subject: Re: TR 4 NEGATIVE CAMBER
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:18:52 -0400
Ron,

I tried to run a set these springs from Moss USofA. I got the early
springs, my theory being the later springs were for the rubber bumper cars,
thus being higher.

Compared to the Triumph Competition springs I was running, the free length
was identical. But, the new springs were MUCH firmer than the Triumph
Competition springs I took out. Installed the new with no spacers, and the
springs fit the spring perch without modification.

Ride height went up almost two inches.

Also put big NASCAR style sway bar in at the same time. Ran it at Mid-Ohio.
Major push. The front was way too stiff. I had two options, downsize the
sway bay (cost $$$) or put the Triumph Competition springs back in
(free)... A no brainer.

Had an interesting conversation with the Tech department at Moss. There is
one guy who handles all the calls for springs. Upon telling him what I was
attempting to do he admitted to me his suppliers can't replicate a spring
from one batch to the next!  To further complicate the issue, they have no
equipment to test sprint rates, so what you are getting is completely pot
luck.

My thought was if I was going to continue down this road I would get a set
of used MGB-GT springs.