fot

Drat

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Drat
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:56:49 -0400
My time has come... Yes, it's Friday afternoon on a race weekend and I am
back home already. I seem to remember several of you guys telling me not to
rev above 6000. If only I would have listened!

Prepped car, hauled it and the rest of the gear 650 miles to VIR. It went
about 6 laps on the 8AM session on test day. Vibration started, I isolated
it to the drivetrain. Instruments all read in the green, and I round the
bent to the front straight. Slowly feed the gas and WHAP, thud, thud, thud...

Broke the crankshaft...  ;-)

The HS6's seemed to work really well though.

Not going to let that happen again.......    <grin>