fot

Re: Weber Jets

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber Jets
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 18:12:45 -0700 (MST)
     What kind of volume are we talking about?

My Killer Spit, with an internally stock 1500 motor and two 40 DCOEs, uses
about 4 gallons per hour.  It is pretty unlikely you'll be able to find an
automotive fuel pump that won't be able to handle that sort of flow.  The
little Facet electric pump delivers about 12 to 15 gallons per hour, and it
is one of the smaller capacity pumps on the market.

My guess is that a full race two liter motor might have a capacity for 10
to 12 gallons per hour.  Hmm, I know there's a rule of thumb relating gallons
per hour with horsepower.  As I recall, top fuel dragsters have some rather
interesting fuel flow requirements, with plumbing that looks more like dryer
vent hose than fuel line - they don't need it for long, they just need it all
at once!

mjb.