fot

Nice car

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Nice car
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 02:52:30 -0700 (MST)
Well, today was an odd day, with various circumstances cropping up everywhere
trying to keep me from making my appointed rounds.  But now I've got some
chicken parts marinating in the fridge, there's almost room to walk about
in the shop, and I'll get at least three or four hours of sleep before heading
down there again to host Tinker Day.  And it should be nice enough to drive
the Mark 1 down there, leaving the top at home.

One of the day's tasks was to move a friend's car from his place to the shop
for tomorrow's activities.  So a nice green with gold trim Lotus Elan S4 is
now sitting in the shop.  Wish it could stay there for a while, it is for sale.
See http://utahlotusmuseum.com/id265.htm for some more info.  But it is a bit
more than I can afford to spend on cars at the moment.  If any of you happen
to have $18,496.73 sitting around that you won't need for another 5 or 10
years, let me know!

If you'd like something a bit less expensive and a Triumph as well, I did
drive by a place that had a TR3 sitting out for sale.  No chance to check it
out, it isn't a car with which I'm familiar but it looks like it might be a
decent project.  Hard to say, it actually looked like Earl Scheib's attempt
at a Geranium paint job, but most likely *really* faded red.  I'll try to
swing by in the next few days and get some particulars.

And feel free to stop by The Fat Chance Garage saturday afternoon for some
wings and beer.

mjb.