fot

Triumph Wins

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph Wins
From: Robertten1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:06:10 EDT
Amici -

Just wanted to pass on a word of some very successful Triumphs here in New
England.  The New England Region of the SCCA has announced the Class
Champions for the 2002 Solo2 Series, they are;

E Prepared    Matt Wilder    '67 TR4    White & Red
F Prepared    Bob Lang       '73 TR6    Silver
D Modified     Bob Totten     '64 Spit    B.R.G.

Matt prevailed some very close competition in E Prepared but, in the end had
topped out in points.  Mind you this is one of this regions largest classes.
Bob Lang had a very fast ride all season but lacked any true competition to
help judge his success in F Prepared.  Where have all the F cars gone?
Finally, though my car is not a true D-Mod car (1670 lbs.) my commitment to
the series rewarded me as the top points earner in the D Modified  class.  It
was nice to compete this season with a couple cars whose performance was
close, this has made my race season most enjoyable.

Three cheers to these persistent Triumph owner/builder/driver(s).  We bring
true color to the New England Autocross Championship Series.  Full results
can be read at www.ner.org

Bob T