fot

Re: TR4A seat replacement...

To: cak@dimebank.com
Subject: Re: TR4A seat replacement...
From: "John Herrera" <jrherrera90@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 20:07:29 -0400
Chris:

I got some really nice seats from Sube Sports. They are Cobra brand and are
the Classic model. No headrest, though. They were $200 each. They only come
in vinyl. They are the ones used by GRM in the Ro-Spit, but they modified
them alot. They feel really nice to sit in, and have that vintage look of
the ones you are looking at.

I got them to fit in the white TR3 but I had to modify the tranny tunnel
with a BFH to clear the side bolsters. I made adaptors out of aircraft spec
.125" 6061-T6 aluminum plate so that I could mount them to reproduction TR3
slides! Why? So they are adjustable fore and aft. It would have been easier
to bolt them to the floor, but I wouldn't have the feeling of accomplishment
gained from doing something the hard way for no good reason. I also put some
1"x1"x.125" 6061-T6 U-channel under the front to rake them sportily aft.
Should have used 2", though. I got the aluminum from Charlie Vogelsong at
the Dillsburg Aeroplane Works in Pennsylvania. I can dig up the contact info
if anyone is interested. Good Luck with the TR4!

Regards,

J.R. Herrera

>From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
>To: fot@autox.team.net
>Subject: TR4A seat replacement...
>Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 16:19:15 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Afer many years, my TR4A is running again and (fingers crossed) will
>soon be back on the road. Which means that I'm revisiting some
>long-postponed upgrade decisions!
>
>When I bought her, she had seats from a FIAT (badly) installed. I
>found a pair of TR250 seats from another lister (John, are you
>out there?) and they have served me well for a bunch of years.
>But I've always wanted something better - with more side/thigh
>support, and possibly a removable headrest.
>
>Autostorica introduced some fancy seats way back when. They've
>changed their business more or less completely, but Holden
>seem to be selling those same seats and more:
>
>https://www.holden.co.uk/product_listing.asp?analysis_code=1152&Submit=browse+products
>
>The problem is that the seats are all really quite pricey,
>I have no idea which ones will fit, and can't take a look
>at them before ordering. So I'm looking for advice here:
>
>The car is meant to be a street/vintage rally car. Will see
>the occasional track day, I suppose.
>
>If you know about any of these seats and their applicability
>to the 4A (or know a cheaper source!) I'd appreciate hearing
>about it.
>
>Thanks,
>chris

Unlimited Internet access -- and 2 months free!  Try MSN.