fot

Re: Autoweek TR4

To: jaboruch@netzero.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Autoweek TR4
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 15:40:54 +0000
>Did anyone notice in the October 21, 2002 Autoweek that a 63 TR4 with
>a Surrey top sold at the RM auction in Monterey, CA for $26,400?
>According to the description it was not a "show car" but was "loved
>and well tended".  Makes me wish that I did more loving and tending to
>my street cars, although my wife would complain that I do too much of
>that with the race car.  Joe(B)

    I heard about this car... Ya gotta wonder what
    was going through the bidder's mind during the
    auction...

    Was he caught up in the moment?

    Did he know something we don't? (perhaps there's a
    missing $200 million buck lottery ticket tucked in
    the door pocket or the queen mom used it to mow down
    paparazzi).

    Is he trying to corner the market on surrey top
    Triumphs?

    Was he willing to spend ANY amount of money to
    hang with "salt-of-the-earth" Triumph folk, not
    knowing a pulse is all that's required (for most of
    us?

    Inquiring minds want to know!

    While "a rising tide lifts all boats", I'm pretty
    sure I won't be getting $12K any time soon should I
    try to sell my "bitsa" TR4...

    Maybe "Saint" Phineas had it right once
    again... "there's one born every minute..."

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)

Unlimited Internet access for only $21.95/month.  Try MSN!