fot

Re: Spitfire Racing Pistons

To: "Russell" <rjmunns@btopenworld.com>, <Gt6steve@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Racing Pistons
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 21:19:10 +1300
The 1300 pistons sold under the "County" name are very good and probably
very suitable for racing if balanced and the heavy gudgeon pins thrown away.
They come from XRN in the UK and are usually sold at under #100 a set,
available in +20, +30, +40 and +60. Note if you are really desparate you can
start fitting 2 litre pistons (standard ones are approx +40 in a 1300 bore,
but they need some serious removal of skirt to lighten them), so +40 2 litre
pistons are about +80 in a 1300 bore.
John Kipping