fot

Next year in Europe

To: "Spitfires List" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Next year in Europe
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 02:02:23 -0000
Sorry to bomb the lists with this query but as many enthusiasts know, 2003
sees the 50th Anniversary of the TR2. It is also the Centenary of The
Standard Motor Company and May 2003 sees, among other things, a mass
migration of enthusiasts to Jabbeke in Belgium to commemmorate Ken
Richardson's epic run. This promises to be a major event wit many European
enthusiasts in attendance. The following weekend is a major celebration for
Standard & Triumph ethusiasts at Gaydon. I understand some plans have been
laid in which a number of US enthusiasts will be coming over to UK and
Europe (with and without cars) to take part.
Does anyone know someone who is coming - or roughly how many? So far, I've
been unable to determine who might be organising this visit Stateside or the
programme that has been set out. I suspect the TR Register may have some
involvement through Standard-Triumph Forum in the UK.
For the record, if any lister can provide input, I'm planning to offer a
Road Run (date as yet not firmed but around te same time) restricted only to
Standard and Triumph cars. This is part of a much larger collector car
activities schedule I've been working on for the last five months for which
web details will soon appear. The event I have in mind to coincide with tese
celebrations will take in all the Test Hills used by Coventry car makers in
the 1920/30's in some outstanding country close to Coventry. Anyone bringing
over a car who would like to take part in tracing a genuine factory test
route can contact me off list. Additionally, anyone planning to visit
without a car who would still like to join the Run can hire a selection of
Triumphs from an associate - the choice is TR4A, TR6PI, TR7 and a Stag. If
those prove to be fully booked, tere's an E Type fHC, MGB roadster and an
MGRV8. Sorry, if there are slightly commercial overtones here but they are
only limited to meeting cost recovery in setting up the event.
Off list replies awaited with considerable interest

Jonmac