fot

Re: blatant etc

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: blatant etc
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 13:51:07 -0600
Just my IMHO....

If it is just a list member who has something for sale other list members
might find useful -- from parts to whole cars -- then by all means post it!

If it is someone who is in the business, he should not be using the list as
advertising medium, but he SHOULD be able to respond to any queries and if
he has what would help he should be able to say so.

He should also be able to say "I now have something that has been asked for
in the past" without overly hawking the product. Remember Ted Schumacher's
note a couple of months ago that he had come into possession of a cache of
Champion gold palladium spark plugs? Unobtainable for 20 years -- and we'd
be a prime market, but how would we even know to ask without his very brief
note? He basically said "I have them" and little more -- more information
than advertising.

Useful information, IMHO. I view folks like Ted and Mordy and John Kipping
as valuable Triumph-specific resources, not advertisers.

--Rocky