fot

Re: New Dunlop Radial race tire

To: BillDentin@aol.com, BillB@bnj.com, rgk@flash.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Dunlop Radial race tire
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 12:17:57 EST
In a message dated 03/03/2003 11:13:14 AM Central Standard Time, BillDentin
writes:

> New sounds good, though if you've ever run on the old Dunlops you'll be a
> little cautious. The old compound made tire wear a non-issue. I have a set
> with ten races on them that are indistinguishable from new. They also make
> going fast a non-issue. The best I could do on them at PIR was more than
> five seconds slower on a track that Peyote turns 1:31 on with Hoosiers.

Bill:

I forgot to mention, early on (in the 1980s), DUNLOP was making vintage race
tyres called 'GUMBALLS', that were the tyre of choice.  Sticky than tar.
They were expensive and had a very short life span (two or three heat
cycles).  They were subsequently outlawed, and are not made any more.

Bill Dentinger