fot

Re: Carb Return Spring

To: <MJSUKEY@cs.com>
Subject: Re: Carb Return Spring
From: "Aaron Johnson" <fpspitfire37@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:36:42 -0700
The HS8s I added had a stand-off that used the mounting studs and you then
could hook a spring from the throttle shaft to the stand off using the
standard SU springs.  These bits came off a Rover 2000TC.   I think the HD8's
have the same hole on the throttle shaft arms to hook a spring too.  I am a
firm believer that each carb should have it's own return spring that is
independent of the linkage.  I also have one spring in the standard TR6 place
(between the firewall and arm) and then one on the pedal.  The car is in
storage in Colorado or I'd take a picture of it for you.

Aaron Johnson
Albany, OR
#38 F-Prod  Spit MkIV Oregon Region SCCA