fot

Re: Identification help?

To: stlnyc@msn.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Identification help?
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:59:02 EST
In a message dated 11/18/2003 10:54:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stlnyc@msn.com writes:

> Have just been presented with an engine &transmission supposedly from a '58
> Herald.  As Heralds weren't introduced 'til '59, I'm thinking it might be a
> Triumph 10 engine &trans.  Engine # is BE136850E.  Anyone have any number
> lists?
>
> Fred Hodgson

You guessed correctly, Fred. That would be out of a Triumph (or maybe
Standard) 10, circa 1959 or so. 948cc, of course!

Also, if the bellhousing is integral with the rest of the gearbox casing
and/or there's no "remote" shifter (ala Herald/Spitfire), chances are that's a
10
gearbox. Is there a serial number on the gearbox?

--Andy

Andrew Mace, Vice President, Member Services
  and 10/Herald/Vitesse (Sports 6) Vehicle Consultant
The Vintage Triumph Register <www.vtr.org>

Adirondack Triumph Association <www.vtr.org/ata>