fot

RE: So you really want to go fast...

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: So you really want to go fast...
From: "Jim Gambony" <britbits@tiu.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:33:48 -0600
I suspect the external skin is primarily aluminum based.  I also wonder if
the USSR had used steel parts (rivets, hardpoints etc) on aluminum panels
that might have contributed the "good russian rust".  The Soviets didn't
tend to skimp on their military hardware, hence the titanium submarines..
And some titanium tools being offered to Triumph owners in Illinois!  ;)

Here's a good writeup on the 21
http://www.geocities.com/goose_topgun2000/m21.html

Hmmm.. How many longdoor TR3s were built?  Seems there were 13000 plus
Mig-21s built, with production continuing in China.  I wonder if Harbor
Freight will carry any of the hardware eventually? :D

Cheers,

Jim