fot

Re: TR IRS Thoughts

To: Rikrock@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR IRS Thoughts
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 09:30:45 -0500
Rich Rock wrote:

>I believe Dave Wingett and Sam Halkias have developed a rear suspension for
>the TR6 which uses upper and lower a-arms for the E-production TR6.  Not
>sure about the front.

>Maybe one of them can fill in the details?

Dave and Sam just cut the rear subframe from a TVR 2500 or 2500M, and weld
it to Triumph
frame.  It is a straightforward piece of work; the hard part is obtaining
the TVR alloy hub
supports.  These things are reasonably common, but perceived as gold by the
TVR crowd
(even when used as book-ends), because they are the only part of the car
with the
letters "TVR" cast with the mould!

Some additional work also need to be done; the ears that hold the
upper/lower A-arms are
pretty thin metal welded to the frame with typical British aplomb (all
splatter, no weld).  So
just tear them off and MIG beefier brackets.

Shane Ingate in Maryland

Frustrated with dial-up? Lightning-fast Internet access for as low as
$29.95/month. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/