fot

Re: Re Clevite bearings

To: Guyots3@wmconnect.com
Subject: Re: Re Clevite bearings
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 20:28:18 -0700
Way back, when I worked for American Parts System, they had a line of
import parts that were parts they gathered from all over the world. They
put them in boxes and marketed them under the name 'World Parts'.
Everything had the name of the country of origin on the inner package and
as I recall, rod and main bearings came from Israel. They were tri metal
bearings.
Recently, on Speed Channel they talked about the manufacture of such
bearings. One country made the steel and it was sent to another country
for the copper alloy and yet another country for the babbitt layer. All
this made for a cost effective process, which amazes me.
Not sure what applications of bearings they were producing or what name
they attached, but they were of the tri metal construction. It seems as
though they must be there, even if not under the Clevite name.
Bill

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 15:08:03 EST Guyots3@wmconnect.com writes:
> In a message dated 4/2/04 5:58:34 AM Pacific Standard Time,
> vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:
>
> > Subj:Re: Re Clevite bearings
> > Date:4/2/04 5:58:34 AM Pacific Standard Time
> > From:    vinttr4@geneseo.net (Jack W. Drews)
> > To:    Guyots3@wmconnect.com, fot@autox.team.net
> >
> > There has been so much talk about the superiority of trimetal
> bearings, and
> > I agree, but are there any actually available for the TR3 - 4 from
> any
> >

> I have not yet found any such available.
>
> Rgds
>
> Lion

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!