fot

Re: Stolen Race Car - Denver, CO

To: REK46@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stolen Race Car - Denver, CO
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 13:21:59 -0400
At 10:56 AM 04/07/2004 -0400, REK46@aol.com wrote:
>Does anyone know details on the security he had or didn t have on his
>rig?../alarms?,Lojack?..none?..etc?

Can't answer your question, but lots of guys tow with the same truck so let
me toss this out there.

The truck in question was a 2001 Ford F-250 Super Duty, essentially the
same as my 2000 F-350 Super Duty. While doing research on the Internet I
found a couple message boards. The topic of these trucks getting stolen
came up often because a couple participants trucks got taken. What I
learned was the tool needed to break into the cab is a flat tip
screwdriver. The plastic housing around the door latch pops out with little
sound or effort, and the rotten bastard is in your truck. Then the
ignition/steering lock gets popped out, and your truck is gone. I am not
sure about current models, but as of a few years ago Ford had not applied
any security measures like the chip in the key, etc. to their pickup line.