fot

Re: Stolen Race Car - Denver, CO

To: WEmery7451@aol.com
Subject: Re: Stolen Race Car - Denver, CO
From: William G Rosenbach <wgrosenbach@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 09:25:45 -0600
The club type steering wheel device is a deterrent to those who are not
to particular what they steal. If they want YOUR vehicle, they WILL get
it. The club is about 5 seconds from off with a hacksaw on the wheel.
The device that prevents the brake pedal from functioning looks more
reliable. Harder to get at, harder to cut and if you cut the break pedal
off to get the locking device off the vehicle will be tough to drive and
a real pain to flat tow.
Bill

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:18:12 EDT WEmery7451@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 4/7/04 10:55:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> henry@henryfrye.com writes:
>
> << What I learned was the tool needed to break into the cab is a
> flat tip
>  screwdriver. The plastic housing around the door latch pops out
> with little
>  sound or effort, and the rotten bastard is in your truck. Then the
>
>  ignition/steering lock gets popped out, and your truck is gone. I
> am not
>  sure about current models, but as of a few years ago Ford had not
> applied
>  any security measures like the chip in the key, etc. to their
> pickup line >>
>
> That is why I have three steering wheel clubs, which I religiously
> use every
> time each vehicle is parked.  It doesn't matter where -- my
> driveway, good
> neighborhoods, super market parking lots, etc.  It also doesn't
> matter if it is
> my 1991 Mazda Protege with 121,700 miles on it, my 1987 Ford
> Econoline Van with
> 49,000 miles, or my wife's 2002 Mazda Protege with 17,100 miles
> (just changed
> the oil in this car today).
>
> I am now hearing that some crooks can break club locks by spraying
> refrigerant in the key holes, but I figure that it is one more
> barrier, and maybe they
> will go on to someone else's vehicle.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!