fot

RE: Sources for drilled metric hex/allen bolts

To: "'SHANE Ingate '" <hottr6@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Sources for drilled metric hex/allen bolts
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 22:58:57 -0700
 Oooh, Nice scooter. I used to work at a shop in Santa Clara CA that had
Guzzi's, BMW, Triumph, Norton, Ducati and Yamaha back when the Le Mans first
came out--I think it was 1975. there weren't many of them made that year--I
think about 200, and they were not supposed to be licensed for the street.
As I recollect there was a red tank model that was hot, and a blue one that
could be licensed. at the time I was deep into Ducatis, and most of the
Guzzi I worked on there were cop bikes, and I hated working on them 'cause
they were so flogged. The owner of the shop, Dutch Bergman, told me I should
ride the Le Mans before I ranked on it (I had said I considered it a tarted
up 850T with loud pipes). I was shocked at the torque and power, thought the
brakes were OK, and the handling was excellent. We took a 750 Ducati Sport
(the original Orange and Black one that would probably be worth at least
$50K now) and the Le Mans up to Skyline and flogged the heck out of them all
weekend. Nice memory.

The new owners picked them up on Monday, all nicely broken in, including the
sidewalls of the tires.