fot

Re: This is insane!

To: dave@microworks.net (Dave Riddle), fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: This is insane!
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 10:14:31 -0400
In a message dated 5/3/2004 9:12:45 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dave@microworks.net writes:

> NOS parts are great for keeping somthing "original" but this is obscene
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=
> 1&item=2472367874

For the most part (and certainly from the viewpoint of my own wallet), I agree.
On the other hand, if you saw the car for which I believe this housing is
intended -- and you knew what effort and expense went into bringing the car to
its current condition -- you'd probably understand. :-)

I happen to know the car, and it's about as nice a "as original" restoration of
a long-door TR2 as one is likely to find anywhere. (And I'm proud to say I
helped a tiny bit years ago...by providing correct taillamp rims and bulb
holders!)

--Andy Mace