fot

Re: VIR? & big top tent...

To: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VIR? & big top tent...
From: thomas strange <tstrange@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:56:46 -0700 (PDT)
Jack,
  Thanks for writing, your note was well timed.... but for bad news.
  I wont be making it to VIR as planned (I do have a 2 bed room reserved yet if
anyone needs it...)
  This is due primarily to the large hole in my cylinder head, discreetly
positioned in the squish area between the compression chamber and the water
jacket.  If anyone is interested, approx .040" of metal there (machined to the
spark plug threads) is adequate for 13.5:1 compression, but apparently doesnt
like much more than that.
  I'm working on a new head right now.
  The tent is always available at races we attend as long as I know how many to
plan for.  We can now go up to possibly 11 cars.  The tent is getting too big,
so it will now be 2 tents, each 50ft & if I set them up 10 feet apart, we can
squeeze in a hospitality room, or an 11th car.)  Right now next weekend for the
appleton group (59 red GT6, 49 blue spitfire, 4 white spitfire) is changed to
getting a new driver through the school next weekend at black hawk farms.
  the schedule for the summer looks like:  Scott & Jerry please correct any
mistakes....
June 12-13 school & race at blackhawk... midwestern council
June 18-20 vintage challange, blackhawk .... vscda
July 10-11 road america, ... midwestern council..
July 24-25 blackhawk, midwestern council....
Aug 7-8  St Louis, midwestern council...
Aug 20-22, grattan, vscda...
Sep 3-5, gingerman. 10 hr enduro, MC, 49 blue only.. all 3 for the short race
Sep 11-12, blackhawk, midwestern council....
Sep 17-19, road america, vscda.....
Sep 25-26, blackhawk, midwestern council...
Oct 16-17, blackhawk, midwestern council....
Oct 18 watch for postings for possible nervous breakdowns, divorces, hospital
stays, funerals, etc for all 3 drivers & crew...
  For the enduro, we may well be looking for helpers, more to come.
  back to back weekends, some midwestern council races may get dropped in favor
of sleep and making the vintage events.
BOTTOM LINE... no VIR, & dont push your wall thickness when doing stupid things
to your engines....
Good luck at VIR

"Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net> wrote:
Hey Tom --

Are you planning to go to the bash at VIR next weekend? A couple of folks
have asked but I didn't know.

If so, are you planning to take the Big Top?

uncle jack