fot

Re: Tires

To: "Jeff Snook" <jsnook@wcnet.org>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:09:01 -0500
Yeah, but where's the fun in that?!  :)  I have noticed that the better my
lap times are, the worse the tire wear is.

In answer to Bill Babcock's questions: I don't religiously do the one heat
cycle deal, but I try my best to take it easy the first session.  I'm just
flat wearing the tread off of the tires.  I think the front end is set up a
bit aggressively, (I really should measure everything) but I'm only running
about 1.5 degrees of camber.  Both front and rear wear out the inside edge
of the tire before the outside, the fronts more than the rears.  I've been
running 26 lbs in the front and 23 in the rear.  The handling is very
neutral with a "touch" of oversteer at those pressures.  If I drop the
fronts to 25, it seems to push.

- Tony