fot

RE: Transmission Oil Recommendations - GT6?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Transmission Oil Recommendations - GT6?
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:42:01 -0700
 Redline has several options for transmissions with synchros--they have the
broadest set of gear, transmission and differential lubricants I've seen.
It's not simply a question of synthetic or not synthetic. All oil
manufacturers use modifiers that change the way the oil works for specific
applications.

I like the MTL for my syncro gearboxes and the Shockproof lightweight for
dog boxes. I use the 75W90 for limited slip diffs.

These guys really know what they are doing and are always willing to explain
what you should be using. I find MTL to be something of a miracle in synchro
boxes. Even a well setup one will benefit from it, and the marginal ones
start shifting smoothly again