fot

Re: Future FoT Challenge Race-A Proposal

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Future FoT Challenge Race-A Proposal
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:56:47 -0400
Great idea, Joe!

I think it would be easier to tag along with some sanctioning body's
existing event, rather than make our own. I don't think we have the desire,
organization or cash to pull off an event!

Here in the east BeaveRun outside of Pittsburgh is a good candidate. Mark
Palmer's new group, VRG has an event they are just starting. It's the week
before the Pittsburgh Grand Prix. Those who choose to make a long tow could
get both a neat club event with tons of track time, then go to Pittsburgh
and run the Grand Prix the following weekend. The PGP opened a new group to
cater to the Triumphs, up to 2.2 liter, up to TR4A for eligibility. All
Spits welcome as well. Could be fun. It's Mid-July.

I think it is meaningless to try to do a big event every year expecting
racers from all over the country to tow to. Not going to happen, in my
opinion. I'd say it is better to try to do a BIG deal every 5 or 10 years
or so. In the off years, plan regional events so the west coasters, the
mid-westerners and east coasters all have something that is doable. Or is
that towable.