fot

RE: 50 series tires-cages

To: "'William G Rosenbach'" <wgrosenbach@juno.com>, <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Subject: RE: 50 series tires-cages
From: "Hugh Barber" <tr6nut@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:13:53 -0700
If you are going to race SCCA with the car, be sure to look at this month's
Fastrack news.  SCCA is going to enforce a mandatory cage design effective
1-1-2007 for existing cages and I think now for new ones.  It will be very
difficult if at all possible for a TR3 to have a cage to their specs (the
wheel wells get in the way of getting the rear hoop far enough back to be
full width and the diagonal across the rear hoop will need to go thru my
head).  I will be trying to get an exception for my car.  Joe(B)........

Bill, Joe, et al.....
Does anyone know if this new cage design will also apply to vintage cars
raced under SCCA sanction?

Hugh Barber
Hollister, Ca
'73 TR6