fot

Re: Loosing a wheel

To: triumph_marx@freenet.de
Subject: Re: Loosing a wheel
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:57:19 GMT
I was crewing at Lime rock this weekend during an EMRA enduro.  A new Mini was
coming into the pit, when one of the pit Marshals started yelling for everyone
to get over the pit wall.  Coming in next to the Mini was an aluminum wheel
with no tire.  Turns out the tire was still in the LF wheel well.  He had lost
his lug nuts, the wheel stayed under the car rubbing on the brake caliper,
until the inner edge of the inner bead seat wore thru, leaving the majority of
the wheel to part from the tire.   They put a spare tire/wheel on, new lug nuts
and went back out to finish the race.  Talk about being lucky!  Joe(B)

-- <triumph_marx@freenet.de> wrote:
What do you need to loose a wheel?
Slick tires or is a Yoko A032 just strong enough to brake a wheel of?

What does this occure? Driving over curbs?

Chris