fot

Nomination

To: FOT@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Nomination
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 17:19:14 -0800
Dear fellow sufferers,
    At the CSRG race at Sears Point last fall I was drafted somehow into an
email group called OLD GUYS STILL DUMB ENOUGH TO RACE (honest) and one of
the participants was talking recently about getting rid of his Porsche and
building a TR4. Sounds right up our alley. Dave Talbot, and anyone else
looking to off a fine project TR4 will probably be interested in chatting
with him since he is looking for an appropriate car. I've pasted his intro
below. Can I have a second please?
>>Here is a quick summary of my background and interests for the FOT:

It all started in college when I had a TR3. One of my good friends acquired
a TR4 and I lusted after the car's neat design and most of all, it's roll-up
windows! After college, and when my wife became too pregnant to fit behind
the steering wheel, I sold the TR. Fast forward about thirty years, with our
kids out of college, that magic phrase, "disposable income" re-entered our
vocabulary. With some extra cash around, the logical choice was to go
vintage racing. A Formula Vee was the entree into racing but the "need for
speed" soon overtook common sense and a "basket case" Lotus 23B (since
restored and raced) was acquired. The Vee was sold, the Lotus was raced and
a Porsche 911 was added to the stable, which I converted from it's former
daily driver status, into a vintage racer.

The 911 was fun but I never lost the desire to own a TR4....talk about anal!

So the 911 is up for sale and a TR4 will replace it. It will be a vintage
racer primarily with a long term plan of returning it to the street when I
get too old to make that fast turn at the end of the straightaway. I'm a
hands-on, weekend mechanic and enjoy the restoration process almost as much
as racing so I maintain my own racecars. Having a resource like the FOT to
help answer questions would make life so much easier, no sense reinventing
the wheel.

Best Regards,

Gary Horstkorta<<

 <http://www.connectedstrategy.com/>     Full service relationship marketing

Bill Babcock
CEO     Babcock & Jenkins
2345 NW Amberbrook
<http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=2345+NW+Amberbrook&csz=Beave
rton%2C+OR+97006&country=us>
Beaverton, OR 97006
BillB@bnj.com <mailto:BillB@bnj.com>
www.bnj.com <http://www.bnj.com/>
tel:
fax:
mobile:         503.748.3344
503.629.8570
503.936.7660

 <http://www.plaxo.com/signature> Signature powered by Plaxo
<http://www.plaxo.com/signature> Want a signature like this?
 <https://www.plaxo.com/add_me?u=12885045903&v0=284008&k0=1068157461> Add me
to your address book...

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of
bnj.JPG]